This program provides you with the knowledge and skills relevant to forging strong and mutually beneficial relationships between public safety organizations and the communities they serve. This program is designed for those who are employed or seeking employment in the fields of policing or private security and are interested in earning a credential that focuses on your dedication to service and community. This program may be completed as a standalone certificate or embedded as part of any of the undergraduate programs offered at the School of Continuing Studies at no additional cost.
- Develop skills related to effective intra-organization communication.
- Identify and utilize best practices in developing strong community relationships.
- Professional and effective presentations.
- Cultural awareness and effective communication to diverse audiences.
- Grant writing.
Fast Track Course Sequence
Students can enroll in a fast-track certificate program in order to complete the certificate in less than a year. Students seeking the fast-track certificate take one course during each 8-week minimester in the order below:
- PA.360 - Communication in Organizations
- CJS.212 - Police Community Relations
- IDS.300 - Professional Presentations
- IDS.210 - Effective Speaking Across Audiences
- IDS.150 - Cultural Awareness in a Global Society
- PA.411 - Grant Writing
The fast-track certificate program starts April 23, 2018.