This program provides you with the knowledge and skills relevant to issues related to the financial and personnel management within a public or private organization. This program is designed for those who are employed or seeking employment in the fields of policing or private security and are interested in earning a credential that focuses on the internal management and operation of an organization. It is designed to equip future leaders with the foundational tools needed to navigate political, private, and public sector dynamics. This program may be completed as a standalone certificate or embedded as part of any of the undergraduate programs offered at the School of Continuing Studies at no additional cost.
- Develop skills related to effective intra-organization communication.
- Identify and utilize best practices in developing strong community relationships.
- Apply effective personnel and fiscal management practices.
- Grant writing.
Fast Track Course Sequence
Students can enroll in a fast-track certificate program in order to complete the certificate in less than a year. Students seeking the fast-track certificate take one course during each 8-week minimester in the order below:
- PA.360 - Communication in Organizations
- CJS.212 - Police Community Relations
- PA.363 - Public Financial Administration
- PA.362 - Public Personnel Administration
- CJS.322 - Police Administration
- PA.411 - Grant Writing
The fast-track certificate program starts April 23, 2018.