The Accelerated RI EMT-Cardiac to Paramedic program is designed for licensed Cardiacs active in EMS who are looking to advance their career by obtaining a Paramedic certification.
How You'll Do It
Through fast-paced and thorough courses you’ll augment skills you already have and brush up on new terms and practices being developed today. Courses include didactic, hospital and field clinical time. This program is approved by the R.I. Department of Health and the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP) and it takes into account the time demands of working professionals. Lastly, it’s designed for experienced EMT-Cardiac providers by experienced EMT-Cardiac providers.
$4,750.00. The cost of books are included
*Please include application form and Instant enrollment tabs
Application & Payment Instructions
Program Cost: $4,750. The cost of books is included.
Starting May 1 - Tuesday/Thursday - 6 - 10 PM and Saturday 8 AM - 4 PM
Starting July 9 - Monday/Wednesday - 6 - 10 PM and Saturday 8 AM - 4 PM
To apply and pay by check, please click below to non-credit application.
To pay by credit card, please click below to our online payment and registration site.
Interview with the Paramedic Program Staff
- December 6th 5-9pm
- December 11th 12-5pm
- December 30th 8-4pm
Please contact Ashley Polak • 401-254-3727 to schedule your interview.
- Minimum 3 years as a practicing licensed AEMT-Cardiac or Cardiac
- Pass the FISDAP Paramedic – Advanced Entrance Exam (70%)
- Pass psychomotor exam
- Letter of reference from a peer
- Letter of verification from an employer
- Verification of
- 3 Years practicing as a licensed advanced life support provider
- Intubated at least 5 patients
- Responded to and participated in 60 patient contacts
- Have been in charge of patient care (team lead) for 20 patients requiring advanced level care
Admission requirements for this program are strict and enrollment is competitive.