We're Here to Support YouThank You for Your Service
At Roger Williams University (RWU), we know that defending our country is a demanding profession and one that is often accompanied by irregular hours, last-minute orders and little time for formal study. That is why we are proud to say that we are here to assist you.
For more than 20 years, RWU has collaborated and maintained partnerships with education officers throughout the military branches. We offer military benefits to include, but not limited to, waived application fee, discounted tuition rates for both and service members and their spouses, online program offerings, personal advising, and academic support.
RWU supports our service members, including Guard and Reserve, their spouses, and veterans.
Our advisors understand where you've been and where you want to go; some have military backgrouns and are specialized in the program you wish to pursue. We offer:
- Military representatives who understand the culture and lingo you're used to
- Help navigating the application process for tuition assistance, GI Bill benefits and other tuition benefits, including financial aid
- Credit for your applicable military training and education
- A wide range of programs at all levels—from associate through graduate
- An education that helps prepare you with the skills and knowledge you'll need for professional life after the military
- Career transition resources that helps translate your military experience into corresponding civilian jobs
Whether attending a local campus or working towards a degree online, an RWU college experience is possible no matter where you are.
Veterans' Gateway to College and Career Success
Did you know?
The School of Continuing Studies offers free in-person tutoring to veterans and their families in math, writing, science and computers?
Education Benefits for Military Students and Their Families
Staff Who Get It
Military Student Lounge
Dedicated in the Fall of 2014, The School of Continuing Studies is proud to offer a dedicated military and veteran student lounge. Military students can use this space to study, gather or just relax. Equipped with couches, computers and free coffee. Make this space your own.
Student Veterans Organization (SVO)
The Student Veterans Organization (SVO) at SCS was founded with the mission of supporting the students at RWU who are also veterans or current service members.